How to Install a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y Spoiler
- Measuring tape
- Heat gun
- Soft microfiber cloth
- Automotive-grade 3M body tape
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Gaffer tape
- ScotchBlue painter's tape
Prepare the Surface:
- Clean the paint surface using isopropyl alcohol to remove any particles or bumps from the paintwork.
Position the Spoiler:
- Place the spoiler on the vehicle without peeling the mounting tape.
- Position the spoiler until it is perfectly centered.
- Use painter's tape to hold the spoiler in place at several spots.
Warm up the Surface:
- If the temperature of the paint surface is below 25 degrees Celsius, use a heat gun to warm it up to around 30-40 degrees Celsius.
Stick the Ends Down:
- Peel a small amount of the adhesive double-sided tape on each end of the spoiler.
- Place the spoiler within the tape markings.
Remove the Adhesive Tape:
- Firmly press and slowly peel the mounting tape across the entire spoiler.
Tape Down and Warm Up to Activate the Glue:
- Tape down the spoiler securely.
- Gently heat up the spoiler using the heat gun to activate the glue and ensure maximum long-term adhesion.
- Wait at least 2 hours and then remove the tape.
- Remove the gaffer tape that was holding the spoiler tightly.
- Wipe down any marks or residue from the tape using a soft microfiber cloth.
Note: If there is a section of the spoiler that is not sticking down properly, use the heat gun to soften the glue and tightly gaffer tape that section down.